There is a saying that “It takes a village to raise a child”. With that thought in mind it takes a community to support its schools. School District 5 of Lexington and Richland Counties has been the foundation of our community and is what attracts many families to live here. It is a district with a rich history and outstanding teachers, administrators and staff.
Our schools need your support
It is up to us as a community to stay involved and to give back to our schools. Every little bit helps and ultimately generations to come will flourish in our community.
Educational & Cultural Initiatives
In these economic times with decreased funding it is important that District 5 continues to be a leader in our state and nation with unique educational opportunities. Now more than ever we see the importance of math, science and technology. We must prepare our students for an ever changing world. The District 5 Foundation participates in many initiatives designed to help our students learn and grow. A few of those programs include:
- District 5 Musicals: “Footloose” & “The Wiz”
- Student Research Projects at the High Schools
- Community Walking Trail
- Weekend Meals Program “5 for 5″
- Lego Robotics & Robotics Club
- STEAM – Educational Opportunity for Teachers
- Family Scholars
- AED’s (Automatic Defibrillators)
- Student Leadership Institute
- Leader in me Training
- Blazing a Trail with iPods
- Environmental Stewardship
- PBIS Rewards
- FCA Booster Club
- Mentoring Math
- Beyond the Diamond
- Dance Day
- And many more!